Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter - New Discoveries

Last year this time was sure a blur for me.. Being that I had just had twin boys that were 6 weeks old our lives had changed dramatically. I don't remember much from the first few months now that I think about it. The most vivid memories I have are of waking up every hour or so to feed Colten and Carter, way too many sleepless nights as the boys needed to eat every two hours (so by the time they were done eating and I finished pumping we got about an hour of sleep.. maybe), feeling utterly and completely exhausted to the point that we weren't sure we would be able to continue on with life, my body was still recovering from their birth (my abdominal muscles were shot - thanks to the c-section), quite a bit of crying (at least twice as much as a normal baby ;) lol), feeling terrified that I now had not one but two little boys that I was solely, with Marty, responsible for, and basically just taking it one day at a time. 

This year I have this mom thing down. Just Kidding!!!!  I am not even close but I do have a lot better handle on it now. Colten and Carter are almost always sleeping through the night, they love to play and be together, and we are enjoying life together as a family. 

Colten and Carter are 13.5 months old and they are learning like crazy. Right now Carter and Colten love to search for your belly button! They will lift your shirt multiple times throughout the day and pinch it! It is a lot of fun to ask them where their belly button is or where each other's is. They are pretty good at finding it too. They will lift their shirt throughout the day to show off their belly button. They have a walking toy that has a telephone on it and they have started to figure out how to pick it up and hold it to their ear. It is of course not perfect but they are trying and you can definitely tell what they are attempting!! Colt and Carter are both walking everywhere! They still don't trust themselves entirely but they are getting there. It is so fun to watch them both come toward you or when one of them follows the other. They are adorable. Carter has recently started signing "more". Although, I am not sure he understands its meaning yet but hey we are getting somewhere! He has also started clapping too. Colten also started signing "more" and clapping today as if he knew I was posting this.. Both of our little guys can high five and they love it.

With the boys still testing the waters with walking we weren't sure how they would do with an Easter egg hunt so we skipped it. We are kicking ourselves now because our ward breakfast/easter egg hunt would've been perfect but we had a fake one in our backyard. 


Daddy with his boys

Happy Easter!!
Carter bug
Colt man
I am so grateful for my Savior and the Atonement and the opportunity that has been given to me to repent and "start fresh". I am in no ways perfect but I am trying to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and mormon I can be. I absolutely love my family and enjoy every second I get to spend with them. I am and will be forever grateful that I get to spend eternity with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment